Minecraft is an exciting game that released way back in 2009 and was published only in 2011. It has been a decade of it being in the market, and its popularity doesn’t seem to reduce – it is something that only grows over the years – in 2020, they have 120 million active users.
Developed originally by Mojang, it is one of the game universes that gives players a sense of purpose and always has them coming back for more. One can explore newer universes, fight the best battles, have an occupation and grow in the game. There are a lot of things about Minecraft, and more new things are being added perhaps, as we talk!
What does riptide do in Minecraft?
Now, before we delve into the details, you must be wondering what is Riptide in Minecraft – and well, let us tell you: it is an enchantment that is exclusive to tridents. What we mean by that is, Riptide Minecraft allows players to use the trident for purposes of fast transportation. You can also add Impaling enchantment to the Trident to deal with extra damage.
You can reach a maximum level of III, and you require no secondary items for the enchantment to work. The enchantment weight of Riptide Minecraft is 2, and it is incompatible with loyalty and channelling. Initially, when it was added, it was added to tridents and it was compatible with loyalty and channelling, but in the next update, it was no longer compatible with these two!
Usage of Riptide Minecraft on a Trident
Now, if you think you can use Riptide Minecraft on tridents, and it will work in all circumstances, you could be a little wrong. If you’re wondering what we are trying to imply, then read on.
When does Minecraft Riptide Trident work?
You can enchant your trident with Riptide Minecraft, and then throw them at players only when you’re standing in water, or you’re facing snowy weather and cold adverse conditions in certain biomes or landscapes, or you’re in the midst of rain and thunder.
What can Riptide Minecraft Trident do?
If you want to reach greater heights, a trident enchanted with Riptide Minecraft can help you do that and here’s how – player will be able to reach greater heights by throwing the Riptide enchanted trident straight upward, and if you throw it down from a higher altitude, you can travel further and more long stretched distances.
If you’re looking for the formula that works when the trident is thrown, it is something like this:
When in water, snow or rain, the number of blocks the trident will throw the user is (6 x their respective level) + 3. When in underwater, or water, it will be (4 x their respective level) + 3.
Quirks about Riptide Minecraft Trident
- In the bedrock edition, it can hit multiple targets when thrown but a Riptide Minecraft Trident will behave like a regular trident, or just any trident when thrown by a dispenser. Besides, in Java edition, throwing the Riptide Minecraft Trident would consume 1 durability, and a collision with mob or something in Java edition damages the Trident twice.
- If you’re holding the Riptide Minecraft Trident in your offhand, the damage would be dealt with whatever is in your main hand. If you’re standing in wat
- er, and you would like to travel faster or cover higher altitudes, you must throw the Riptide enchanted Trident as if you’re shooting an arrow from a bow you have.
- Once you’ve thrown the Trident, it will shoot you forth in the direction you’re targeting and it will appear like you’re flying behind the Riptide Minecraft enchanted Trident. The higher your Riptide Minecraft enchantment, the further you would be propelled forward in your targeted distance and direction.
How to enchant a Trident?
All the above information would be useless if there’s no information available to you on enchanting a trident, and if you don’t know how to, it is pointless, so let us tell you how. A Minecraft Riptide can be enchanted on a trident, using an anvil, an enchanting table or using a game command.
If you’re going to use the Enchanting table, you’ll need 1 enchanting table and 3 lapis lazuli, and you’ll require to have these items in your hotbar. To maximize the available enchantments for yourself, you will need to place 15 bookshelves, around the enchanting table.
- Find your enchanting table and make sure you are standing right in front of it. The game control to do so include right-clicking on the table for a lot of editions like the Java edition, Windows 10 Edition and Education Edition.
- Once your enchant menu is open, and you can see your Enchant menu, you will see it has two boxes on the left – place the item you want to enchant, that is, a trident, you would like to enchant. The second box would have the lapis lazuli, and on the right, you’ll find three enchantment slots, from where you can choose the one like.
- Each enchantment option will show experience level, which you need to have if you want to enchant or unlock these options. Choose the ones you like and spend your experience points. The first usually requires 7 experience points, the second needs 18 and the last and third option which is the highest needs 30!
- Now, it goes without saying – the higher the enchantment experience points you spend, the better the enchantment, that is, the more powerful! Killing mobs gives you a good experience, and using the /XP command also does the same, so don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of experience points.
- The trident will glow purple once it is enchanted, and your enchanting table might add more enchantments than the one originally selected – because it usually does that! So, if you’re lucky, you will end up with an item that has been enchanted with 2 or 3 or even 4 items! Isn’t that great?
- Congratulations! You’ve enchanted your trident – and now you can move it to your inventory to use it for the times, you need! Good luck with the game and keep playing!