For years Daemon Tools, after its predecessor Generic SafeDisc emulator, took up the stage as a primary means of storing ISO images in an online drive.
Disk image files are primarily the summarized digital version of the data or ISO images copied from CDs, DVDs and Blue Ray Disks into a virtual drive.
To further clarify, it is essentially a virtual version of the physical drive format. It was quite common previously to use a third-party software such as Daemon Tools to copy and store ISO image data on your computer, just as it would be in a physical drive.
Daemon tools guarantees its users a lasting space in hardware format, which makes the use of all other hardware tools, partially obsolete. Users are enabled to use virtual drive for storing the ISO image while avoiding the extra step of burning it to a disk, thanks to Daemon Tools.
Although there is a free version available of the tool – Daemon Tools Lite, the repeating Ads might slow you down.
Here are the top alternatives you can take on to make your virtual disk burning smoother and faster. Each Daemon Tools Alternative has its own set of features and benefits you can check out below.
Free Daemon Tools Alternative
One of the best free Daemon Tools alternative you could hope for and with good reason is ISODisk. It gives you the capacity to store up to 20 separate drivers with the same format as you would have on CDs, DVDs, and other hardware alternatives used for storing virtual disc images.
This free version is a powerful tool for swiftly mounting ISO Disk images or create an ISO file from CD/DVD-ROM. You can map the archive of your virtual disk from your Internet Explorer or any other browser.
ISODisk is easy to use and serves as a secured alternative that does not require the assistance of other drive software and rewards you with hassle free saving facilities.
- You can mount ISO images in your local area network.
- Over 20 virtual drivers for free storage.
- Flawless and Convenient user working interface.
- Can store up to the total capacity of 64 MB memory.
It was one of the first free Daemon Tools Alternative to be conceived! You will easily notice how this tool has a minimalistic design as compared with the more complex Daemon Tools that makes user handing as smooth as butter.
The software offers its own dive letter policy, which you will see after launching the program along with your choice of language and your requiring administrator rights (UAC). WinCDEmu may not offer a lot of format variations for their users, but it covers all the commonly used image file types – ISO, CUE, NRG, MDS, BIN, CCD and IMG which makes it very popular and convenient for usage.
- Offers its own portable version.
- You can easily start using the program with a quick driver install.
- It gives you access to an unlimited number of online drivers.
- Supports all common image file types – ISO, CUE, NRG, BIN, etc.
3. Virtual CloneDrive
This Daemon tools alternative VCD is similar to other virtual drives, stores or mounts virtual drives with the digital format of CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Disk, but comes with one catch. It comes with zero physical existence, and in spite of that it operates primarily with a virtual base.
With just a click, you can access all data saved on this Daemon Tools Alternative with ease, and you can not only mount images but also video, audio, and other formats of data as well, making it an excellent choice for users. You can support around fifteen virtual drives simultaneously when you are using this Daemon Tools alternative.
- The drive supports all common image formats – IMG, ISO, DVD, BIN and even CCD.
- With a single click, users cannot use the ‘eject’ button to mount or dismount images.
- You can review your previous storage of the latest mounted images.
- The Daemon Tools Alternative can also be integrated on Windows Explorer or your default browser
- This software is available in a free version.
This virtual mounting drive is an all-round free Daemon Tools Alternative with stacks of impressive features. It is a highly useful tool, as a Daemon Tools alternative, in creating virtual drives that mounts data, content and images in compressed file formats like ZIP, RAR and ISO files.
What gives this free Daemon Tools Alternative the edge is that it does not necessarily need to un-compress compressed files, in order to access them, hence saving you a ton of space.
It is impressive how you can not only save space using WinMount but also easily save files by means of drag and drop options, which makes things very convenient and easy for users. With WinMount’s latest version, you could also create drives from BIN, MDF and MNT formats, and also generate RAM drives, hence making it an excellent choice for a Daemon Tools alternative.
- WinMount supports compressing as well decompressing facilities along with browsing needs.
- Its direct file extraction ability allows it to save time and space largely in ZIP, RAR and MOU format virtual disks.
- It is also an excellent converter software as a Daemon tools alternative that can convert files to all formats including 7Z and RARA as well as MOU.
- It is a high efficiency free Daemon Tools Alternative as it can support image mounting in ISO, BIN, MDF, ISZ, BIN, NRG, IMG, CCD and CUE to a virtual DVD-ROM, and if you are concerned about documents, it supports VDI, VMDK, VHD and Microsoft WIM WMT to HDD virtual disks.
5. HDClone Free Edition – Popular Daemon Tools Alternative
When it comes to freeware, HDClone has a variety of versions that just keep getting better, making it very popular and prominent as a Daemon tools alternative. The free version of this Daemon tools alternative is available for temporary and efficient usage but when it comes to professional needs, a more advanced premium version could be of more use.
- The copying speed and accuracy of the Daemon tools alternative, in question, is not limited by any other software.
- This free software is available with its own SCSI controllers.
- HDClone Free Edition has accurate and high hardware speed which gives you hassle free ease for saving and mounting RAW images.
These were some of the best and free daemon tools alternative you can try. All of these software are packed with the essential features and would cover most of your requirements. However, if you need more then you can try the premium versions.